Make Online & PDF Product Catalogs for WooCommerce Store
Why create a product catalog for WooCommerce Store?
As a maker, wholesale or retail company, your customers may expect a product catalog in a variety of formats; online, as a PDF, and in print, in addition to your website and online or physical store. You may need to combine a catalog with price lists, order forms, line sheets and lookbook templates.
If you need to sell your portfolio of products or services through multiple outlets a product catalog could be vital sales tool to your business. If you are not a graphic or web designer and the thought of investing hundreds to engage one is not for you then it’s well worth considering an online catalog creation app like Catalog Machine. It could become an important part of your digital marketing strategy.
Catalog Machine allows you to work online to quickly and easily to create a product catalog to complement existing marketing tools and strategies. With Catalog Machine you can add or import products and create your entire product database online, making it easy to drop in your products and their specifications and produce a final, highly effective, product catalog. The software enables the creation of multiple, alternative custom product catalog templates which you can combine into your final product catalog. PDF and HTML creation is fully supported and there are options for mini catalogs and Product Showroom.
Your Catalog Machine product catalog is optimized for social media and available for you to share in the format you need, making it simple to deliver to your customers to maximize sales. Use it in email, social media and online marketing campaigns. Catalog Machine and your product catalog are accessible 24/7 wherever you are in the world.
Available Online 24/7.
Privacy levels and password protection.
Creating a product catalog for WooCommerce Store is simple with Catalog Machine:
7 steps for building a product catalog or product brochure that sells
- Understand both your products and the target audience.
- Realize where top sellers, discounts and deals need to be featured and how your products need to be grouped.
- Good product grouping, or product layout will maximize results.
- Consider including an order from, introduction, CEO’s message, editor’s notes, guides or contents page for ease of navigation.
- Write with the core product benefit in mind for your reader, building the other information around the core benefit.
- Solving the problem or meeting the desire of the customer is often more important than how a product works, who made it, and how well it sells.
- Ensure a product’s value, and value to the buyer is detailed alongside the benefits and any relevant exclusivity.
- A beautiful image is “worth a thousand words” and it is true. Great product photography can make or break sales. Poor quality will vastly diminish the product’s value.
- Keep product descriptions well written but short. Maybe 50-150 words, focus on the main selling point but utilise features and benefits as much as how it works.
- Bestselling and high profit generating products should receive prime position and the most space allocation.
- Balance images and text throughout for the right mix of information and engagement.
- Only group products which are similar or related. Grouped items which are not related don’t work well.
- Maximise opportunities to cross sell, placing companion products together on a page can increase sales 5-15%.
- Upselling is an effective way of increasing order value and sales.
- Keep your catalog focused on the products, an overly detailed design could detract the reader from their purpose.
- Make sure design, image and copy are product oriented, clear and concise.
- Establish a design or template that you will use throughout, changing only for the eye catching bestselling, feature or surprise pages, then reverting to the familiar flow.
- Keep colours, typography, font and layout styles consistent and ensure your brand is prominent and well used throughout.
- Try testimonials, guarantees and assurances, company history or CEO’s message.
- Include visible mark down of product prices, featured products, bestsellers, deals and discounts.
- Market your products with the goal of selling them, good, concise descriptions, answering any objections and showcasing your goods.
- Link to more detailed descriptions on your website, channelling customers to where they can quickly buy there.
- Use any digital channel you can access: email, website, social networks.
- Target your specific audience through savvy social media marketing application for maximum return.
- Make sure you cross sell by promoting your website alongside your catalog and your catalog on your website.
- Try email marketing of a digital product catalog is a practical way to engage passive or previous customers with your entire product lineup.
- Digital catalog creation software can be accompanied by precise analytics, often powered by or compatible with Google Analytics.
- Data mining the results can help to understand traffic sources and patterns, visitors and their behavior.
- A/B split testing of catalog versions (small variations of the same base catalog presented to similar visitors) helps to select winning combination of elements and products for the best performing catalog.
- Analysis, experiments, then recommendations, can help to improve an online catalog quickly and with much return. Unlike print catalogs, a digital or online catalog can be constantly improved with little additional cost.
Make a catalog fast and easy way - Start Now »
Catalog Machine last month
Offering a downloadable and professional-looking catalog to prospective customers helps make us unique in the (small record label) marketplace.
We update our catalog every week to highlight our newest release.
We have several catalogs for different purposes: customer location, customer profile... It was tedious to go through all the catalogs whenever a supplier changed the price of a product.
Now we have one product database and all the catalogs are automatically updated each time we have a change in price, packaging, etc.
I have been using Catalog Machine for around 2 years. It is easy to upload data and manage your products and photos. If you are a wholesaler looking to make catalogs that are clean and easy to shop this is for you. Oh, and critically important, the customer service is amazing!
Works great for sending a catalog to the professional catalog print companies too.
I use a catalog in social media with link to show our products and help customers to easily find our products and buy!
This is a very friendly an intuitive tool. We don't need to be experts on graphical design software.
Catalog Machine help us keeping our catalog up to date and because it's easy to use we can update and download very quiclky.
The customer service is awesome. If you have any questions, the staff is there for you, service oriented and ready to help with anything and guide you through.
Catalog Machine was the most user friendly catalog designer software I could find with the level of customization I was looking for. It saved me lots of money from having one professionally designed.
The drag and drop interface let you quickly and easily create a great looking catalog.
What NBG likes most about Catalog Machine is that our marketing department has access to their own brand catalogs and it allows them to make constant up-to-date changes with product.
CM has saved our company quite a bit of money with printing costs. We rely strictly on the online format now.
After searching and trailing various programs to produce a catalog, I found the gem that is Catalog Machine - simple to use and update and produces a very fast online catalog.
The best features are that the pages and items can be modified easily and quickly, the drag and drop design feature is easy to use, the search facility is very accurate and quick, you can always print from pdf the latest catalog, catalogs load online very quickly twice as fast a flash catalogs, products are populated in google search engine and we get hits for no extra cost and the best feature of all is the technical support and fast response to problems.
I love the templates and the flexibility that Catalog Machine has for creating catalogs. Most of all I love the support.
I wanted to have a catalog that not only could be accessed from our website, but could be used as a training tool for our reps. Every detail about our products are in the catalog, making it easier for customers to learn as well, without searching an entire website to learn and what they might want to carry.
Catalog Machine allows me to show customers, and potential customers, a very large amount of items neatly organized by the theme or style of drinkware they are looking for.
Having this online catalog is easy to deliver and cost effective to reach out to more customers. I have very quickly seen benefits from having a searchable, organized and large catalog that is easy to manage.
We have approx 15 MG Dealerships that use the catalogue to show their potential customers the add-ons available on the new MG Cars.
As a marketing tool they are invaluable. Before I found Catalog Machine I was producing a PDF and emailing it out to the dealers. Catalog Machine can be worked on live (behind the scenes) without the dealers knowing about it.
- Easily apply updates as I introduce new products and delete obsolete products.
- Enables ongoing marketing by sending updates to the catalog.
- Online Catalog Machine is a lower cost alternative to printing paper catalogs.
- My customers like and prefer online catalogs to paper catalogs.
- I didn’t need to hire a marketing specialist or a designer to create my catalogs.
- I was able to create and distribute my catalogs in a relatively short period of time.
We looked at several options and chose Catalog Machine because it had everything we were looking for as a small business. It's flexible so that we can personalize the catalogs easily for our sales reps and brick-and-mortar retail clients. We chose the option with passcode protection, which we love!
The catalog enables links to websites so that clients can easily find additional information, so it's tremendously flexible. We use it all the time!
I was stuck and in a bad position when I found Catalog Machine. A manufacturer we dealt with promised one of our customers they would make a parts catalog for them, but never delivered. The customer kept calling and emailing me and asking when this catalog would be created and I had no answer.
Eventually, I took it on myself to find a solution. The solutions I found were they were either expensive or difficult. When I found Catalog Machine, I was pleasantly surprised - within a weekend I was able to create a catalog that looked professional and my customer was happy with. It turned out so well, I created a parts catalog for our own company and linked it to our website.
Catalog Machine enabled me to create a good looking parts catalog customers could browse through easily. I've had customers contact me from all over the United States to order parts, which has been a nice surprise. I use this catalog as a teaching tool for my customers. It enables their employees to look at pictures of various parts, so they can identify components on machinery that failed over the phone.
We used to have our catalog in powerpoint presentation, then we moved to a photoshop version which exported to PDF. Any modification of pictures, descriptions, or pricing had to be done by our designer. That would usually take days and some back and forth changes until it could be sent to customers.
Today, we do everything with Catalog Machine ourselves, the publishing is instant. The fact that we don’t send emails with PDF’s anymore has also helped, as we always use one link where the latest version of our catalog is published. The customer decides if he wants to view the catalog online, or to download a pdf copy. We have also control of how many times our catalog has been viewed or downloaded.
The latest feature which we loved, was the showroom that was added to the catalog machine. We can now send a link to the showroom to our customers, and they can select the products they are interested in and request for pricing without trouble.